Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days to Balancing Work and Home {day twenty-five} : find your inspiration.

Today I woke up feeling cheerful, inspired, and wishing I could stay home and pour my creative energy into my home. Then I went to work all day, got a headache, had a long commute, and vegged in front of the TV for the evening. My earlier excitement didn't even push me up the stairs to clean the bathroom. Which is, I am ashamed to admit, a project that has been pushed to the side all week. Ew.

Do you ever feel inspired to pour yourself into your home? Try to capitalize on those moments! Obviously we will have days that zap us of our energy and passion, like my day today. So try to mentally note what things give you that zest. For me, I think the fall weather has be especially inspired. I also like rainy days- they make me feel project-y. :) Pinterest is also a great tool for home, cooking, and organizing brainstorms. As long as you don't use up all of your free time just pinning instead of doing. Not that I would ever do that.

Draw on the things that inspire you when you are tired and don't feel like being a homemaker. Envision what you would like your home to be, and build toward that. Take those moments, when you can, and burst out with creative energy. Let your home be a reflection of your inspiration!

What inspires and motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment