Sunday, August 5, 2012

apple butter and small accomplishments.

So hubs brought me home 40 lbs. of organic apples yesterday. For $2! What a steal! He works at a produce distributor, and so he can get the "seconds" for practically nothing. Most of them are fine to eat, just have a spot here or there, so they get left out of the store orders. And even the ones that are a little spotty or over ripe are perfect for cooking. I hope that what doesn't get purchased by employees doesn't get thrown away! What a waste that would be!

Anyway, here are my apples....there are so many!!!! I started on a crock pot of apple butter, but that only used up like one layer. I am thinking of applesauce, apple pie, apple jelly, and frozen apples for cooking later.


I took Friday off of work, and on Monday, I am working from home to do an enormous stack of data entry that I want to plow through without being interrupted. Seriously, it's huge. I have really been enjoying this long weekend and focusing on my home, food, and my hubs. It's like a mini wife-cation. :) I know it might be silly, but I always feel so much better and ready to start the work week when I have a clean house, groceries, and something that I got done that I wanted to do. And I literally sleep better knowing the living room is vacuumed. Hubby thinks that it's in my head, and that it doesn't actually affect my sleep. But I'm sure he's wrong. :) Small accomplishments recharge me and motivate me to keep it going. I'm one of the few nutty people who think being exhausted at the end of a day off from doing all of "my" stuff instead of work stuff is awesome. Am I alone?

I'll let you know how the apple butter turns out!

Linking up at: A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment