Friday, August 24, 2012

Farmer's Market Trip= salsa and sauce

A couple of weeks ago, hubs and I headed out in the drizzling rain to go up to the local farmer's market. It's close enough to walk, but we were being babies about the weather. :)

Can I just say it is super easy to spend all of your money at the market??? I remind myself that I am supporting local farmers when I realize I am all out of my cash stash that I brought. It goes quick!

We did get some meat and dairy, so that ate into our little farmer's market budget quickly. So worth it! We bought this really yummy mozzarella filled pizza sausage from Green Vista Farms, and some drinkable yogurt from another grass fed farm. We were leery at first, but yum!!!!!

We brought home this beautiful haul, and got out everything to make tomato sauce and salsa. Some of this stuff is from the garden, too. I snapped the picture after we got out everything for cooking.






Then hubs made this beautiful, yummy salsa.(That's him in the background looking up recipes.) He has the patience to chop everything very tiny. My salsa would be a lot chunkier. I made some tomato basil sauce, and we ate it with our yummy, sustainably raised pizza sausage. De.licious.



Linking up at: Gastronomical Sovereignty, Sew Chatty, Skip to My Lou, Ninth Street Notions, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Frugally Sustainable, A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa, A Diamond in the Stuff,

1 comment:

  1. look at your haul dude! that's so much fresh farmer's market gloriousness i can't even contain myself! haha. can i come over for dinner pleeeeease? ;)

    i know what you mean about spending all your hard earned money at the market - i regularly go with a hundred bucks and come back with nothing but fresh vegetables, seasonal berries, local cheese, pastured meat, organic honey, and usually a few baked treats. huh. i guess life could be worse.

    thank you for taking the time to share with us at The Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop - we hope to see you again this week with more incredible posts! xo, kristy

    ReplyDelete