Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hopefully I am back to stay.

I got motivated to start blogging again, after settling after our move. Then our computer bit it. {Of course, backing up my pictures and documents was something I had procrastinated  on.} So, we decided to wait and save up to pay cash for a new one. It was hard, but worth it. And so, I come to you on my new laptop, with my new wi-fi hookup, feeling very up to date and techy, indeed. :)

I hope I am back to stay- blogging just got a whole lot easier with this laptop, let me tell you! I function a lot better when I can multitask!

I had the day off of work, and I spent it doing the wifey, housy stuff I want to do, but don't really have time to do. We have a pretty healthy garden going, so with peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini flowing in, I had a lot of freezer prep and preserving to do.


These are pictures of our garden about 3-4 weeks ago; it is a lot bigger now!


I bought about 10 lbs. of peaches clearanced out at Buehler's for $4, and needed to use them up right away. I decided on sliced, flash frozen for half of the peaches, and made the rest into crock pot peach butter. And it is delicious! The jar in this picture is what I set aside to go ahead and eat instead of can. I also froze 8 cups of zucchini, a bag of whole cherry tomatoes, and diced apples.




And, speaking of canning, this is my first time ever trying it! I used Ashley English's book, Homemade Living: Canning and Preserving with Ashley English. It was really helpful, with big, easy to follow pictures and instructions. I made tomato basil pasta sauce and then the peach butter for canning. The sauce only made 1 medium and one small jar! I definitely thought it would be more! The peach butter made 2 small jars for canning, plus the small jar I kept aside for the fridge.

That was my day! I love my job, and I know I would get bored fast being at home alone all day, but I absolutely LOVED how much I got done today by powering through and focusing on my home. I hardly ever get to do that!



Linking Up at:

Skip to My Lou , Sew Chatty , A Bowl Full of Lemons, Time Warp Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment