Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days to Balancing Work and Home {day twenty-two} : share the load.

I don't know about you, but I struggle with wanting to be a full time homemaker....along with being a full time employee. I want to have the home of someone who has their whole day to pour into it. I want to make more from scratch and clean more and have my laundry put away every day.

But the truth is that I can't do it all, and I definitely can't do it all alone. It will depend on your work schedule, and your husband's as to how much you can split the work. It's important to be able to rely on each other, and ask for help when it comes to the care of your home. Try sharing the work according to how much time each of you have off, or what kinds of chores each of you don't mind doing. For example, my husband doesn't mind folding the laundry, since that's a chore that can be done in front of ESPN. :)

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to keep everything going on your own. Be willing to share in the responsibility and the control of the home!

No comments:

Post a Comment