Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days of Balancing Work and Home {day eight} : maximize your minutes.

I barely made it to the computer before bedtime today. My hubby has been giving me the "you're crazy" look as I announce before bed, "I still need to blog!" But I'm doing it, and I'm pretty happy about it. :)



So today is simple- maximize your minutes. Find little slivers of time during your day, and make the most of them. Maybe you don't feel like you have a lot of extra time, but I guarantee you can find a little bit if you try. Make a few important phone calls on your commute. Write your shopping list in the waiting room at the doctor's office.

The key to making the most of your time is multitasking. For me, this works as an incentive. I can do things I have to do at the same time that I do things I want to do- like catching up on shows on my laptop while I chop veggies or do my freezer cooking in the kitchen. Or listening to an audio book while I'm cleaning. Find ways to fit in the things that make you happy with the things that make you proud of a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment