Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days of Balancing Work and Home {day eighteen} : push through.

So, unfortunately, I skipped days 15, 16, and 17. On Monday and Tuesday, my hubs and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary! I decided to forgo any blogging and just relax. We both took off of work on Tuesday, and spent all day just relaxing and hanging out. We went to a nice dinner and watched the Presidential debate after that- so romantic, I know! Then Wednesday, I had another lovely allergy flare up and couldn't think straight....sleep was about all I could muster up. :(

So today, my energy is back a little bit, and in light of my house being neglected for a few days, along with the blog, my advice for the day is to push through. Do something, even when you don't feel like it. For example, I get up really early with the hubs to pack his lunch. Like 3 am early. After he leaves, I just really, really want to go back to bed. But before I do, I try to do a little something that I can be proud of- switch the laundry, load the dishwasher, straighten the living room- just one thing, just to make a little progress.

When you work, you probably won't have many days where you just clean your whole house top to bottom. You will probably have to do your homemaking in small increments. So be ok with that! Get used to doing a little here, and a little there. Make progress whenever you have the opportunity!

Even when you don't have time to do a lot, or you are really exhausted- push through and have a small accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment