Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days of Balancing Work and Home {day thirteen}: take time off from the busy.

This weekend we are playing the role of "vacation home" to our five year old nephew. And it is FUN! And I will not think so when I have a five year old I can't give back, I'm sure. :)

Today I woke up to the sound of my husband and nephew talking about how they slept and came down to see them chilling out in pajamas on the couch. I made coffee and oatmeal and we watched Power Rangers all morning. It was completely non-productive, and I needed it.

I need to grocery shop, pay the bills, and clean the house. I need to do the laundry, and do my freezer cooking. Instead of all of those things, I was introduced to the (horrible) show, The Amazing World of Gumball. Have you seen that? Awful.

But although I was not impressed with the content of the Cartoon Network, I loved the chance to snuggle up and do a whole lot of nothing. We walked up to the Farmer's Market, and made lunch and dinner, and went out doe ice cream. My house is still messy, and the laundry still needs to be done. But a pumpkin is carved and glowing all night in his bedroom, thanks to LED tea lights left over from our wedding, and a little guy is having a good weekend.

 

Sometimes that's what matters, and that time is what's needed to recharge for the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment