Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's on the Menu: 1/29- 2/4

I was feeling pretty low on cooking inspiration a few weeks ago, when I started trying recipes on Pinterest. Last week, I tried a whole bunch of new things that I found on skinnytaste.com via Pinterest. I really LOVE recipe sharing! I love to cook, but I lack the creativity to whip up healthy, interesting meals on my own. These sites have been invaluable to me! Plus, I think hubby has liked every single one so far. Not that he's picky, but still, it's nice.



Here's what we are eating this week:

Sunday: Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza w/ Pineapple

Monday: Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Roasted Potato Wedges (We ended up not having this last week)

Tuesday: Small group! I get off easy this week- I'm bringing drinks!

Wednesday: White Bean & White Wine Soup

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Skinny Salisbury Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes/Cauliflower & Mushroom Gravy, Tossed Salad

Saturday: Grilled Chicken w/ Lemon Basil Pasta, Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread

I also plan to try homemade granola bars, homemade English muffins, and Baked Oatmeal with blueberries & bananas. We'll see how it goes! I am really attempting to make as many "convenience" type foods that we like from scratch. We really don't do very much boxed, prepared, or convenience food due to my food allergies and trying to eat well. But in an attempt to go completely to a whole foods diet, I am trying to get rid of the few things I do just grab from the shelf. We may never be 100% there, but I think every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment