Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Goals for 2012

Here are my resolutions for the year! What are yours?

My 2012 Resolutions


Personal Development

1. Read at least one book per month
2. Take a cooking class
3. Get better at golf

Health & Fitness

1. Exercise 2X per week
2. Lose at least 10 lbs.
3. Focus my cooking on low glycemic foods, lowering our animal byproduct intake, and using more organic ingredients when possible and affordable

Money & Finance

1. Pay down $7,000 of our debt
2. Get my grocery budget down to $40/week
3. Keep a $1000 emergency fund all year

Spirituality

1. Have a consistent devotional life
2. Be more kind in my speech
3. Get more involved with ministry at church

Home & Projects

1. Start recycling
2. Scan ALL old family photos & put on CD’s
3. Cover the couches

Business & Career

1. Restart bookselling with a focus on Etsy & antiquarian books
2. Stay on a consistent, daily blog schedule
3. Take a business or accounting class

Fun & Recreation

1. Get another tattoo
2. Go camping
3. Take a trip with Mike

4 comments:

  1. Coming over from your comment on The Frugal Homemaker!

    You have lots of great goals too! :) Some I should have added to mine but I think I have a long enough list for now - feeling a little overwhelmed. :) Maybe I will add some new ones in a few month.

    I write a coupon blog too - www.centsiblesavings.com. And last year I tried to keep at $40/week for groceries. By the end of the year, I was really feeling the higher prices plus I had stopped shopping at CVS so know that I was spending more than $40 :( So my goal is to get back on track as much as possible with the higher prices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I know, it's hard to find a balance with the prices! I'm also trying to keep to a menu plan, which I think means spending a little more at the beginning, or when I am running low on things I had stocked up on in the past. :( We'll see how it goes! I checked out your Frugal Homemaker blog and really liked it! I'll have to get over and look at CentsibleSavings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog as I've started a blog to increase my goal accountability. I was wondering how you were doing on your 2012 goals.

    You seem to be making a lot of headway with your blog this past month! I'm currently getting off the couch and walking daily.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I will be sure to check out your blog! I'll be honest with you, I haven't done well with my resolutions this year! Unfortunately, I feel like we have been in a place in our lives where we are trying to find our balance, instead of making huge progress on our personal development. That said, I am very proud of our financial goals. We reached our goal of having an emergency fund, and have paid down quite a bit of our debt, although not the full amount I had hoped for. I have also been happy with my blog progress. Maybe next year I will set fewer goals and try for more focus! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete