Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten Minute Tuesday: Perfectionism Sets In

So here is how the Ten Minute Project is going...

Ten minutes allows me enough time to feel like I've barely made a dent in what I want to do. So I get frustrated, and either feel like a "little bit at a time" is stupid, or go crazy deep cleaning. And then I spend a lot more than ten minutes.

I'm finding that it's hard to spend ten minutes improving something. I realized that I don't like improvement, I like drastic results. I would prefer that in ten minutes, my home looks like this:


Extreme Home Makeover, and all.

So....here is my self-discovery through Ten Minute Tuesday:

I think I want slow and steady progress, but I don't. I want quick perfection. Not good. It helps me to do a major project, then use my ten minute increments to keep up on my work. I can hardly stand trying to do a large project a little bit at a time. So, all in all...I believe the Ten Minute project will have to be about learning to expect less, but slowly and steadily, get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment