Sunday, November 24, 2013

Prepping for my week: {freezer meals}

I've been trying to prep and freeze meals for a week or two ahead of time in an attempt to streamline my cooking in the evenings. Actually, in an attempt to streamline my life. Our evenings suck and go by super fast. I hate filling them with cooking and cleaning it up- it's exhausting.

So, a few weeks ago I tried out freezer cooking for pretty much a whole weekend, to see how it helped me out. And...It. Was. Awesome.

I mean, I pretty much ate up my whole weekend shopping and prepping and cooking, but it was an investment of about two weeks worth of meals so I was happy. I forgot to take pictures that weekend, but I am planning to do it regularly now (maybe not so much at once, actually) and I will document as I go. Below are the links and my thoughts about the recipes that I used...plus a pic or two of a new recipe that I tried and threw in the freezer this afternoon for Thanksgiving week in all of it's busyness.

1. Beef with Broccoli

2. Orange Teriyaki Chicken

3. Chicken Parmesan

4. Lasagna Casserole

5. Pecan Stuffed Chicken Breasts

6. Mashed Potatoes

7. Guacamole (with this tutorial as a guide on how to freeze avocadoes)

8. Egg Rolls

9. Candied Carrots

10. White and Brown Rice

11. Chicken Fajitas

12. Red Beef Chili

13. White Chicken Chili

14. Garlic Bread

(The ones without links are recipes from my head!)

This list lasted me about two weeks, and cost about $95 for all of the ingredients and disposable pans.

This next one is a recipe that I made for the freezer this week. I had gotten all of the items I needed for it on sale and with coupons, so the whole thing probably cost under $5! I didn't follow the recipe to a "T," but used it more as a guide for putting together the ingredients that I had on hand.



Baked Cheesy Pasta with Ham and Broccoli


**********************************************************************************

I'm linking up at:
Just Us 4, Craft-O-Maniac


No comments:

Post a Comment